The Pointe du Médoc, a pleasant place where life is good
TOP 5 The unmissables :
Whether for a weekend or a week, with family or friends, here are things to see if you go to our region.
- The Cordouan lighthouse
- the Soulac villas
- the marshes
- the wine route
- Arros beach and bunkers
and the list is long ...
After the cultural visits, what better than to take a break and discover the markets of the surroundings, to taste the local products. For the most gourmet, a detour is required to Judici, our fetish ice cream that offers Noisettine ice cream .
Not to mention our friends wine lovers who will delight to go to the discovery of regional wines, or the romantic, who can enjoy sumptuous sunsets on the sand of the great beaches of the Atlantic.
Tourist Sites in the Verdon sur Mer
Culture, nature, adventure or discovery, your holidays will be well filled !
- The lighthouse of Cordouan :
You can book the boat tour with LA BOHEME. Duration 3h30. On reservation only (planning available on request depending on the tides). Information on 05.56.09.62.93 / 06.09.73.30.84 or on www.vedette-laboheme.com.
- The little tourist train :
The PGVS connects the Pointe de Grave to Soulac les Arros by making you discover the forest and the diversity of the landscapes of the country of Verdun. Inevitable! Information at the Tourist Office of Verdon sur Mer.
- Port Bloc and Port Médoc :
The Verdon and its two ports to see: its small fishing port; Port (arrivals and departures of the ferry, correspondence with Royan) and its marina; Port Médoc with 800 rings! A beautiful walk or beautiful sensations in perspective !
- Curuma and marsh :
Association fighting for the protection of the marsh, its fauna and flora. Organize visits to the marsh by appointment and you will discover its inhabitants.
- The old port with oysters :
History of the Verdon, a vestige of the past ... discover this small typical port and its cabins that offer you all a culinary journey ... Appointment every Tuesday evening in July / August for a small night market.
- The aquaculture farm of Verdon sur Mer :
The Gam'guette, an atypical farm! Visit the shrimp farm, and in season you can enjoy just grilled. Information and reservations on 05.59.09.67.55 or on www.jmbertet-aquaculture.fr
- Cordouan Lighthouse Museum and lighthouses and beacons :
Located in the lighthouse of Grave. You will have a panoramic view of the estuary! Information on 05.56.09.00.25 or on www.asso-cordouan.fr.
Carrelet - Estuaire de Gironde
Combis VW - Soulac sur Mer
Basilique - Centre Soulac sur Mer
Plage - Soulac sur Mer
Batterie des Arros - Patrimoine
Port Médoc - Le Verdon sur Mer
Other tourist sites in the Médoc
In Soulac sur Mer (6 km) :
- A pedestrian street, an indoor market and an outdoor, a beautiful waterfront and a famous glacier, this small tourist town offers many visits ...
- The Soulacaises villas: Discovery tour of the 500 old villas of Soulac.
- Museum of Art and Archeology: Contemporary art, prehistory, proto history, Gallo Roman, a unique museum in Médoc where you can discover rare pieces.
- Memorial of the Medoc Fortress.
- Memorial of the liberation of the Pointe du Médoc.
- The Basilica "Our Lady of the End of the Lands" World Heritage Site by Unesco.
Along the Gironde Estuary
Many small ports such as the Port de Goulé, the Port of Byou The port of Saint Christoly.
At Grayan and the Hospital (14 km)
The ponds of the Barreyre: site of several ponds in the middle of the pines allowing you to practice all the techniques fishing (Throw, Fly ...) and spend a day in communion with nature.
On the menu Black Bass, trout, carp and white fish ... Possibility to rent equipment.
In Vensac (20 km)
The Windmill of Vensac : One of the last working windmills, living testimony of a forgotten past ... Information on 05.56.09.45.00 or on www.moulindevensac.fr.
In Jau Dignac and Loirac (23 km)
Richard's lighthouse and museum : Museum tour on the life of the river, boating, orientation table and telescopic telescope. Information on 05.56.09.52.39 or on www.phare-richard.com.
At Vendays Montalivet (27 km)
- The essential market, with more than 200 stands in the middle of summer ... you will be able to taste the products of the South West (charcuterie, oysters, wines ...)
- The Adventure Park : In the heart of the moors forest and 2 minutes from the ocean, near Bordeaux and near Lacanau, the Parc de l'Aventure is an amusement park with twelve activities in wilderness. The ideal place to spend an unforgettable time with family or friends. Information on 05.56.09.07.88 or on www.laforet-aventure.com
In Lesparre-Médoc (33 km)
The Tower of Honor : Dungeon 30 m high of the 14th century. Information on 06.25.77.60.14 or on www.tour-de-lhonneur.jimdo.com
In Naujac sur Médoc (38 km)
Animalia park : Farm of the nineteenth century stretching over 10 ha with 250 to 300 animals. Fun route for children. Possibility of catering and sale of picnic bags on site. Information on 05.56.73.00.73 or on www.animalia-parc.fr.
In Royan (10 km after passing the ferry)
- The Royan Market : Located in the heart of the city, it represents nearly 200 merchants, to make you savor, taste and enjoy the Royalties and other products that can not be found anywhere else. Wednesdays and Sundays are the days of fairs, where it hosts many stalls to satisfy the greatest number. This market is one of the largest in the country where royannais atmosphere and good mood harmonize with its palette of colors and products. The faithful are countless, seeking culinary inspiration in a lively and always welcoming place of life.
- Walks along the coast. On foot or by bike, discover the Charente coastline enjoying the breathtaking scenery.
- Planet Exotica : explore the secrets of an exotic world on 7.6 ha. Reptile world, tropical greenhouse and desert, the island of Dinosaurs, the mini-farm, gardens and bonsai, children's play area and educational activities. A busy day ideal for the whole family. Information on 05.46.38.00.99 or on www.planet-exotica.com.
In La Palmyre (10 km after passing the ferry)
The Palmyre Zoo : Nestled in the heart of an 18-hectare pine forest, La Palmyre Zoo is now one of the most popular tourist sites in Charente-Maritime. Each year, 700,000 visitors flock to its alleys to contemplate more than 1600 mammals, birds and reptiles representing 115 different species. Simply one of the most beautiful zoos in Europe! Information at 05.46.22.46.06 or on www.zoo-palmyre.fr.