Tourism in Gironde: what to do and what to visit in the Médoc during your holidays?
Walks and cultural visits to do in the Médoc
Would you like to know more about the history of the Médoc, its terroir or its cultural and natural heritage? The territory offers you a wide range of places to discover during your holidays by the sea:
- Visiting the Cordouan Lighthouse
- Visiting Richard's Lighthouse
- Visiting the Pointe de Grave Lighthouse
- The Basilica of Our Lady of the End of the Lands of Soulac-sur-Mer, a monument listed as a UNESCO heritage site
- Port Médoc in Verdon-sur-Mer
- The Old Port with oysters
- The wine route and its prestigious châteaux and estates (Château Margaux, Château Lafite Rothschild, Château Mouton
- Rothschild, etc.) for lovers of Bordeaux grands crus
- The little tourist train from Soulac-sur-Mer to Pointe de Grave
- The Arros battery
- The markets (that of Montalivet is particularly recommended)
- The center and the old villas of the village of Soulac-sur-Mer
- Hourtin Lake
Discover what brings the Médoc to life for an exceptional holiday
Le Verdon sur Mer, a small village in the heart of the Médoc
The Médoc, land of vineyards and pines, takes shape between ocean and estuary. It is good to stroll in the heart of its vast pine forests or on its prestigious "Route des Vins". Punctuated with family seaside resorts (Soulac-sur-Mer, Montalivet, Lacanau, Hourtin, Carcans, etc.), the Atlantic Ocean runs for miles of uninterrupted beach. Along the Gironde estuary, the Médoc becomes more picturesque. Inland, it deploys the richness of its cultural heritage, reveals a hinterland of canals, vineyards with exceptional appellations (Pauillac, Margaux, Saint-Estèphe, Saint-Julien, etc.) and polders. On this land in the north-west of the Gironde, a multitude of places and landscapes are available to you!
So, come quickly and discover the surroundings of Verdon sur Mer and our campsite by the sea! Ocean, relaxation, sport and gastronomy are just a small taste of the many activities offered by our superb territory.
Sports activities around Verdon sur Mer
Looking for thrills and new experiences? To share convivial moments, here are the sports activities of the surroundings !
- Water activities : Sailing / Catamaran - Surfing - Paddle - Canoeing - Jet Ski - Flyboard - Towed buoy - Sea fishing
- Activities : Paintball - Tree climbing - Boat fishing and fishing on foot - Bike riding (Vélodyssée) - Horseback riding / Pony - Archery
- Aerial activities : Parachute jumping - Hot air ballooning - Aerial walks, initiation flights - ULM
Swimming and relaxation on the beaches of the Médoc in France
Do you want to find a place to swim, walk in the water or practice water sports? Look no further, our campsite is only 2 km from the beaches of the Médoc. A privileged destination in the south-west of France, the Médoc will delight you with its beautiful fine sandy beaches. Le Verdon-sur-Mer, Montalivet, Carcans, Hourtin, Lacanau, Le Porge… the spots are numerous, prepare your swimsuits!
Night outings in the Médoc region
Want to relax after a busy day of sightseeing and activities? Here are some ideas for outings for festive evenings:
- Soulac-sur-Mer Casino
- The nightclub "Le Zinc" in Soulac-sur-Mer
- The night markets
- The concerts, open-air shows and street arts that enliven the streets of seaside towns and villages in the summer season...
Not to mention the evening entertainment offered at our Sunêlia La Pointe du Médoc campsite for the whole family!
Gastronomy and culinary specialties of the Médoc
Looking for a gourmet stay? Want to try new flavors? You are in the right place ! Here are some of the unmissable gastronomic and culinary riches of the Médoc.
- Médoc wines
- "Fine Claire du Médoc" oysters
- Prawns from the Médoc
- Hazelnuts and Hazelnut cream
- Duck products