Our environmental approach
The environmental approach of our campsite
Located in Gironde, by the sea, our Sunêlia La Pointe du Médoc campsite has adopted a sustainable development approach. We are involved in this process to offer you the most pleasant stay in New Aquitaine in a natural and preserved setting. Sustainable development, a value that we defend within our 4-star campsite, is based on three pillars:
Waste management :
- Implementation of selective sorting.
- Mini farm with pigs and hens.
- Recycling of used oils from the restaurant with the BORDOLEO company, recovery in Saint Loubés for transformation into biofuel.
- Specific and isolated storage of hazardous waste, such as batteries or light bulbs.
- Reasoned impressions and reuse of drafts.
- Use of internal communication networks limiting impressions.
Maintenance and preservation of biodiversity:
- Use of phytosanitary products reduced to a minimum.
- Façade of the buildings and perimeters of the campsite decorated with vegetation for better landscape integration
- Green Key labeled campsite since 2004.
- Bike rental.
- Putting up posters in mobile homes on the right things to do.
- Use of heat tools limited.
Water Management :
- Drip type vegetation irrigation.
- Weekly records of water consumption.
- Increased monitoring of water leaks.
- Toilets equipped with PRESTO-type water savers.
- Installation of picnic tables made of wood from sustainably managed forests.
- Purchase of eco-labeled cleaning products.
- Choice of Ecocert and Cosmebio organic amenities with more than 99% ingredients of natural origin.
- Use and promotion of the TooFruit organic range in the spa area of the campsite.
- Purchase of products in large quantities (reduction of packaging).
- Purchase of local products for a point of sale in the grocery store with promotion of short circuits.
Energy management :
- Incentive to turn off heating and light in mobile homes and outbuildings.
- The new refrigerators for rentals are classified in economy class A or A+.
- Change of bulbs with low consumption bulbs.
- Weekly readings of electricity consumption.
Air quality :
- Increased sanitary aeration for better ventilation.
- No air conditioners in the mobile homes.
- Limited air conditioning in the reception area and in the bar/restaurant.
- Priority choice of local artisans.
- Many local partners for entertainment and tourist activities.
- Networking and mutual aid with other local tourism players (exchanges of services).
- Highlighting visits to the Médoc and local heritage (city center of Soulac-sur-Mer, Cordouan lighthouse, wine route, discovery of the Gironde, etc.).
- Provision of accommodation for staff.
- We listen to the needs of customers with disabilities.
- Some pitches and mobile homes are accessible to people with reduced mobility.
- Priority to local applications.
- Partnership with Les Restos du Coeur for unsold groceries.
Sunêlia La Pointe du Médoc is an ideal place to spend holidays in Gironde while respecting the environmental values that are dear to us. Our campsite in Verdon-sur-Mer has developed around a tourist site anchored in a unique setting between land and sea. Between the Atlantic Ocean and the Gironde estuary, our campsite welcomes you in a wooded park of 6.5 hectares. Sunêlia La Pointe du Médoc offers you a cocoon of nature, close to the beach. Without forgetting that near the campsite, you will be able to access a complete range of outdoor activities and entertainment to recharge your batteries during your holidays.
Holidays, relaxation and a change of scenery guaranteed!
Do you know your climate footprint?
Take a few minutes to measure the impact of your habits on the environment, and discover the small things you can do every day to reduce your CO2 emissions!