Tourism in Gironde : what to do and what to visit in the Médoc during your vacations ?
Come and discover our magnificent territory near Bordeaux: the Médoc! With a preserved nature and a cultural heritage in its own right, our region of New Aquitaine offers a wide range of activities for everyone to enjoy a vacation filled with beautiful memories.
Le Verdon sur Mer, a small village in the heart of the Médoc
The Médoc, a land of vineyards and pine trees, lies between the ocean and the estuary. It is pleasant to stroll in the heart of its vast pine forests or on its prestigious "Route des Vins". Punctuated by family seaside resorts (Soulac-sur-Mer, Montalivet, Lacanau, Hourtin, Carcans...), the Atlantic Ocean runs along miles of uninterrupted beach. Along the Gironde estuary, the Médoc is more picturesque. Inland, it unfolds the richness of its cultural heritage, reveals a hinterland of canals, vineyards with exceptional appellations (Pauillac, Margaux, Saint-Estephe, Saint-Julien ...) and polders. On this land of the northwest of the Gironde, a multitude of places and landscapes are offered to you!
So, come and discover the surroundings of Le Verdon sur Mer and our seaside campsite! Ocean, relaxation, sport and gastronomy are only a small foretaste of the numerous activities offered by our superb territory.
Pistes cyclables : vélodyssée
Basilique Notre Dame de la fin des terres à Soulac
Petit train touristique
Le phare de Cordouan
Vins du Médoc
Plage centrale - Soulac sur Mer
Gastronomy and culinary specialties of the Médoc
Looking for a gourmet stay? Want to try new flavors? You are in the right place! Here are some of the gastronomic and culinary treasures of the Médoc.
- The wines of the Médoc
- Fine Claire du Médoc" oysters
- The prawns of the Médoc
- The Noisettines and the cream of Noisettines
- The products around the duck
Sports activities around Le Verdon sur Mer
Looking for thrills and new experiences? To share convivial moments, here are the sports activities of the surroundings !
- Water activities : Sailing / Catamaran - Surfing - Paddle - Canoeing - Jet Ski - Flyboard - Towed buoy - Sea fishing
- Activities : Paintball - Tree climbing - Boat fishing and fishing on foot - Bike riding (Vélodyssée) - Horseback riding / Pony - Archery
- Aerial activities : Parachute jumping - Hot air ballooning - Aerial walks, initiation flights - ULM
Walks and cultural visits to do in the Médoc
Would you like to know more about the history of the Médoc, its land or its cultural and natural heritage? The area offers a wide range of places to discover during your vacations by the sea:
- The visit of the Cordouan lighthouse
- The visit of the lighthouse of Richard
- The visit of the lighthouse of the Pointe de Grave
- The Basilica of Notre Dame de la fin des terres in Soulac-sur-Mer, a monument listed as a UNESCO heritage site
- Port Médoc at Verdon-sur-Mer
- The Old Port with its oysters
- The wine route and its prestigious chateaux and estates (Château Margaux, Château Lafite Rothschild, Château Mouton Rothschild...) for lovers of great Bordeaux wines
- The small tourist train from Soulac-sur-Mer to the Pointe de Grave
- The battery of Arros
- The marshes
- The markets (the one in Montalivet is particularly recommended)
- The center and the old villas of the village of Soulac-sur-Mer
- The lake of Hourtin
Swimming and relaxing on the beaches of the Médoc
You want to find a place to swim, walk with your feet in the water or practice water sports? Our campsite is only 2 km from the beaches of the Médoc. A privileged destination in the southwest of France, the Médoc will make you happy with its beautiful sandy beaches. Le Verdon-sur-Mer, Montalivet, Carcans, Hourtin, Lacanau, Le Porge... the spots are numerous, prepare your bathing suits!
Nightlife in the Medoc region
Want to relax after a busy day of sightseeing and activities? Here are a few ideas for evening outings:
- The casino of Soulac-sur-Mer
- The discotheque "Le Zinc" in Soulac-sur-Mer
- The night markets
- Concerts, open-air shows and street arts that animate the streets of the seaside towns and villages during the summer season...
Not to mention the evening entertainment offered at our Sunêlia La Pointe du Médoc campsite for the whole family!