You're planning your next camping vacation, but one question persists: what do these famous campsite stars really mean? Sunêlia is here to enlighten you on this French classification which ensures a specific level of quality and equipment.
Awarding of stars
First of all, it is essential to understand that awarding stars for a campsite is not mandatory. It is a voluntary choice, and each establishment must undertake the process with Atout France, the French tourism development agency. A rigorous grid of more than 200 criteria is used to determine the classification of a campsite in France, ranging from 1 to 5 stars. These stars indicate the diversity and quality of the services and services offered by the campsite. Regular on-site checks guarantee the reliability of the classification.
Stars in practice
- 1 Star: This is the most economical range, guaranteeing impeccable cleanliness and up to 100 pitches per hectare of land.
- 2 Stars: In addition to cleanliness, these campsites offer a warm welcome, well-kept private pitches and regular entertainment.
- 3 Stars: These campsites offer reception in several foreign languages, an Internet connection and a play area for children.
- 4 Stars: In addition to more spacious pitches, these campsites offer a refreshment point, washing machines and other comfort facilities.
- 5 Stars: These are luxury campsites, with a high level of equipment and entertainment. They often offer a swimming area and quality optional services, such as spa, hairdresser and massages.
Now that you better understand what the campsite stars mean, you can confidently choose the campsite that perfectly meets your expectations and those of your family. Sunêlia wishes you a happy holiday, whatever the number of stars above your head!